I said that I wanted to make some more time for sewing this year…….and in January I mananged to get a bit more than usual.
My yoyo count is steadily increasing and I’m just about up to the number required to make the curtain for the Princess Room.
And I sewed all my Around the Block pieces together into a quilt top which fits perfectly on the bed in the Princess Room. It went together really well in a couple of hours one night last week up at Sewjourn.
I started a cute little sewing bag using a Rosalie Quinlan pattern that I’d had for ages and some fabric from my Houston stash. Now I’m up to handquilting the outside with some Perle thread.
Which reminds me that I haven’t shown my purchases from Houston.
Fabric bundles from Sample Spree including the gorgeous Sherbet Pips by Aneela Hoey, Quite Contrary by My Mind’s Eye for Riley Blake, Anna Griffin’s beautiful Carmen and Just Wing It by Momo, which is really special.
Anna’s divine stand was opposite us at Houston – so nice to look at for four days.
Not that we had much time to look as Kellie’s patterns and stand attracted LOADS of attention as usual.
Including attention from two of the best – Kaffe and Brandon! And speaking of which, the Kaffe Workshop at Ballarat Patchwork in February was great fun…..more on that later but here’s Kaffe talking about my quilt.
I was lucky enough to spend the following day at Sewjourn with some lovely girls and so got most of my quilt top sewn together…..just need to finish the middle section but haven’t actually pulled it out since then.
March didn’t see me doing much sewing even though there was a short stay at Sewjourn during the holidays – I did make lots of Welcome Cards for the guests coming to Sewjourn though.
Oh and I did go to a Sashiko Class at Kimono House which was lots of fun…..I think sashiko could become quite addictive.
And in April I spent lots of time sorting out my stash and did make two cushions that I love. I was especially happy with the way the zips worked out as I’ve had a bit of a block when it comes to zips…..but really it was very easy.
It would be nice if I could say at the end of May that a few of the half done projects were finished…..we’ll see as there is 2 weeks in the US and then planning (and cleaning) for a special birthday party at the start of June.
PS Sorry for photo overload……you’ve done well if you have made it to the end of this post!