Well Hello to anyone who may still be there! And after a 5 year hiatus I suspect that isn’t many of you. A lot has happened in 5 years…..my last post on this blog was as we were on our way to London to live for 4 months. You can read about those adventures here. And then when we returned to Australia we hit the ground running and sadly my blog was forgotten. But since then:
- We have started our own business, working from home for a few years but shifting to offices about 18 months ago.
- Ella has finished secondary school and is about to head off to University
- Lucy has spent a year on Student Exchange in France and is due home next week
- Kate changed schools, is involved in many sporting activities of which the current favourite is rowing
- Our gorgeous dog Hugo joined our family about 3 years ago and changed our lives completely
- We have Eszter a Hungarian student living with us at the moment and also Lucy’s host brother from France
- 3 of Mal’s siblings got married within weeks of each other and now we have 4 new nieces and nephews (and another on the way)
- Mal still loves his Ironman competitions and competed in the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Queensland last year
- Sewjourn continues to be heavily booked and I treasure any weekends that I get to spend there as it is mostly the only times I get to sew these days.
- We’ve been really blessed to be have been able to have a few overseas trips in the past 5 years including visiting my grandfather’s grave in Papua New Guinea, spending our 20th Wedding Anniversary in Thailand, going to Morocco, a textiles tour in Vietnam and most recently to Cambodia with Ella to mark the end of school.
And over the past couple of years I’ve enjoyed Instagram but maybe it’s time to blog again? I’ve decided to join in Meredithe’s 17 UFOs in 2017 and this is where I will document my progress (hopefully!) Anyone else keen to join in? Regardless, wishing everyone a fantastic 2017.